What information do we collect?
We collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) and other non-individually identifiable information from you when you register on the Belay Services, respond to communication such as e-mail, or otherwise use the Belay Services in any manner.
To participate in certain features of the Belay Services, you will be required to provide such Personal Information. For example, when registering as a user on any Belay Service, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information (if additional services are added that require fees) or other Personal Information. You may, however, visit portions of the Belay Services without providing any Personal Information.
We may collect and use mobile device identifiers, IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the Belay Services, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments.
Like many web sites and certain mobile apps, at this time we use don’t use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to the Belay Services. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We may also collect and store certain other personally non-identifiable information. This information is collected passively using various technologies, and cannot presently be used to specifically identify you.
How do we use your information?
We may use the Personal Information and other data we collect from you when you register, purchase products, respond to a survey or marketing communication, access or view the Belay Services, or use certain other Belay Service features in the following ways:
- To personalize your Belay Service and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To verify and validate your identity.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other Belay Service feature.
- To troubleshoot problems with the Belay Services, or any services, as requested.
- To enforce the Belay Service Terms of Service, and to detect and protect against error, fraud and other unauthorized or illegal activities.
- To attempt to contact you regarding product safety or recall issues.
- To provide any legitimate business service or product.
You understand and agree that if you are using any Belay Service from a country outside the United States and provide Personal Information to the Belay Service, you will be authorizing and consenting to the transfer of Personal Information about yourself to the United States. You understand that the privacy laws of the United States may be different from and not as comprehensive or protective as those in your country, and you agree that the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States occurs with your consent. Personal Information collected on the Belay Service may be stored and processed in the United States or abroad.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
You understand and agree that we can disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, as follows:
- To our subsidiaries or affiliates, strategic partners and to third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf, such as web site hosting, credit card payment processing, order processing, delivery, etc. Our agreements with these third parties require them to protect this data and prohibit these parties from using your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- To vendors that offer products, services or other information we think might interest you. These third parties may keep and use Personal Information whether or not you purchase their products or services. Your Personal Information will be subject to their privacy policies, so you should contact them directly for information on their policies or to opt-out of promotional communications from them.
- In the event of the sale or transfer of Belay, of one or more of our business units or of some or all of our assets, or in the context of some other business acquisition transaction.
- In response to a subpoena or court order, or a request from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against claims; or to protect the safety or security of the public or of users of the Belay Services.
- We can disclose aggregate information and other non-individually identifiable information about users of the Belay Service to our service providers, partners, advertisers or others.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
You can correct or update your Personal Information by re-registering or by contacting us by e-mail [email protected] It may take us up to 30 days to process your request.
Do we use “cookies”?
If you are using our website, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. If you are accessing our mobile app, you can choose to change your permissions and settings on your mobile device. Each browser and device is a little different, so look at your browser or devices Help or Settings menu to learn the correct way to modify them. If you turn cookies off or disable certain permissions, you won’t have access to many features that make your Belay Service more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
“Do Not Track”
Our Belay Services currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information Privacy and Third Party Links
Belay follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security of Personal Information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any Personal Information submitted to or otherwise collected during your use of any Belay Service. Accordingly, you understand and agree that you transmit all data, including Personal Information, to us at your own risk.
Privacy and Third Party Links
The Belay Service is intended only for use by adults, either for themselves or on behalf of their minor children with food allergies. We do not knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of thirteen. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us through the Belay Service, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will store the Personal Information you provide for as long as we believe is necessary or appropriate (i) to carry out the purpose(s) for which we collected it, or (ii) to comply with applicable laws, contracts, or other rules or regulations.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about the Belay Services. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to the Belay Services to [email protected].
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide Personal Information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2017 will receive information regarding 2016 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Belay please send an email message to [email protected] with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.]